Transport yourself to the sun-drenched streets of Italy with our refreshing Aperol Spritz recipe. This iconic Italian aperitif is a perfect blend of zesty Aperol, bubbly Prosecco, and a splash of soda water, creating a vibrant and revitalizing drink that’s ideal for any occasion. Whether you’re lounging on a sunny terrace or hosting a relaxed get-together, the Aperol Spritz is the perfect sipper to elevate your experience. Our recipe is designed to serve four, ensuring that everyone can partake in the joy of this classic Italian favorite. So, let’s raise a glass to the art of the Aperol Spritz and celebrate the sweet life!
- 1 cup Aperol
- 1 1/2 cups Prosecco
- 1/2 cup soda water
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
- Green olives or orange slices for garnish (optional)
- Start by filling four large wine glasses with ice cubes. This will keep your Aperol Spritz refreshingly cold.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Aperol into each glass. Aperol is a vibrant orange liqueur with a distinctive bittersweet flavor.
- Follow with 3/8 cup (approximately half of a standard 750ml bottle) of Prosecco in each glass. Prosecco is a sparkling Italian white wine known for its effervescence and crisp taste.
- Top off each glass with 2 tablespoons of soda water to add a light, fizzy element to your Aperol Spritz.
- Gently stir the ingredients in each glass with a long cocktail spoon to combine the flavors.
- Garnish your Aperol Spritz with a thin slice of fresh orange. The orange slice not only adds a burst of color but also complements the citrus notes in the Aperol.
- If desired, you can further enhance the presentation with a green olive or additional orange slice as garnish.
- Serve your Aperol Spritz immediately, and enjoy this effervescent Italian classic with friends and family. Salute!