Prepare to be transported to a realm of comfort and indulgence with our mouthwatering Bread Pudding recipe. This classic dessert is a delightful union of soft, custardy bread, warm spices, and a luscious caramel sauce that oozes with sweetness. Whether you’re planning a cozy family dinner or looking to impress guests with a delectable dessert, this recipe for four people will leave you savoring every bite. Let’s dive into the world of culinary nostalgia and create a dessert that’s both timeless and unforgettable.
For the Bread Pudding:
- 6 cups stale bread cubes (French bread or similar)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
Step 1: Prepare the Bread Pudding Mixture
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with butter.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
Step 3: Soak the Bread
- Place the stale bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- If using raisins, sprinkle them over the bread.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture evenly over the bread, making sure all the bread is soaked.
Step 4: Bake the Bread Pudding
- Bake the bread pudding in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until it’s set and the top is golden brown.
Step 5: Prepare the Caramel Sauce
- While the bread pudding is baking, you can prepare the caramel sauce. In a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, let the mixture simmer without stirring. Swirl the pan occasionally. Cook until it turns a deep amber color.
- Remove the pan from heat, and carefully add the heavy cream, unsalted butter, and a pinch of salt. Be cautious, as it will bubble up.
- Stir until the caramel sauce is smooth and well combined. Allow it to cool slightly.
Step 6: Serve
- Once the bread pudding is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the warm bread pudding drizzled with the caramel sauce.
Enjoy your homemade Bread Pudding, a dessert that’s both comforting and rich in flavor. It’s sure to be a hit with your family or guests.
Read More: Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Read More: Very Easy Banana Bread Recipe