Prepare your taste buds for a delectable journey with our Creme Brulee Cheesecake recipe! This dessert combines the luxurious richness of creme brulee and the creamy indulgence of cheesecake into one heavenly creation. Perfect for four people, this dessert is an absolute showstopper at any gathering or simply for spoiling yourself. Join us as we guide you through the steps to craft this irresistible masterpiece.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 ounces (3 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the Creme Brulee Topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh berries and mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Place a roasting pan filled with hot water on the bottom rack; this will create a water bath to keep the cheesecake moist.
- Prepare the Crust: In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Make the Cheesecake Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and sour cream until fully incorporated.
- Assemble the Cheesecake: Pour the cheesecake filling onto the chilled crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula to ensure an even surface.
- Bake: Place the springform pan in the preheated oven directly above the roasting pan with hot water. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Cool and Chill: Turn off the oven, crack the oven door open, and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour. Then, refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Caramelizing the Sugar Topping: Just before serving, sprinkle the top of the chilled cheesecake evenly with granulated sugar. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar until it’s golden and crispy, creating that classic creme brulee topping.
- Serve: Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired, and slice into this heavenly Creme Brulee Cheesecake for an unforgettable dessert experience.
Read More: Homemade Creme Brulee Recipe