Welcome to my kitchen, where we’re about to embark on a culinary adventure with a twist – Lasagna Soup. This recipe is perfect for serving four people and combines all the beloved flavors of traditional lasagna in a comforting, hearty soup. With layers of rich tomato broth, pasta, savory meat, and a delightful cheese topping, this Lasagna Soup is a delicious and warming dish that’s bound to satisfy your cravings. Let’s get started!
For this satisfying Lasagna Soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Soup:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (or ground beef if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles (about 8 lasagna sheets)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Let’s dive into the process of making this delicious Lasagna Soup:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground Italian sausage (or beef) over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled. If using sausage, make sure to break it into small pieces as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onion to the cooked sausage and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, marinara sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the pot and let the soup simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente.
- Once the noodles are cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- In each serving bowl, place a spoonful of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Ladle the hot Lasagna Soup over the cheese in each bowl, allowing it to melt and blend with the soup.
- If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves for a burst of freshness.
- Serve your Lasagna Soup hot, and savor the flavors of a classic Italian dish in a comforting, soupy form!
Read More: Delicious Matzo Ball Soup Recipe
Read More: Easy Cabbage Soup Recipe