Step into the world of timeless sophistication with our classic Manhattan cocktail recipe. The Manhattan is a legendary drink, known for its perfect blend of whiskey, sweet vermouth, and aromatic bitters. It’s a cocktail that exudes elegance and history, making it the ideal choice for a relaxing evening or a stylish gathering with friends. Whether you’re an aficionado of classic cocktails or new to the scene, our Manhattan recipe will take you on a journey through the flavors of this iconic libation. Let’s gather the ingredients and create a cocktail that will transport you to the heart of Manhattan for four.
For 4 servings, you will need:
For the Manhattan:
- 8 ounces of rye whiskey (or bourbon, depending on your preference)
- 4 ounces of sweet vermouth
- 8 dashes of aromatic bitters
- Ice cubes
- Maraschino cherries or orange twist (for garnish)
Step 1: Chill the Glasses
- Place the glasses you’ll be using to serve the Manhattans in the freezer to chill. A properly chilled glass enhances the drinking experience.
Step 2: Prepare the Cocktail
- In a mixing glass or a cocktail shaker, combine the rye whiskey (or bourbon), sweet vermouth, and aromatic bitters.
Step 3: Add Ice and Stir
- Add ice cubes to the mixing glass or shaker. Stir the mixture well using a long bar spoon or a swizzle stick. Stirring helps chill the drink and properly blend the ingredients.
Step 4: Strain and Serve
- Strain the Manhattan mixture into the chilled glasses. The classic Manhattan is typically served straight up, without ice, but you can also add a single large ice cube if preferred.
Step 5: Garnish
- Garnish each Manhattan with a maraschino cherry or a twist of orange peel. These garnishes add a touch of sweetness and aroma to the cocktail.
Read More: Easy Green Tea Shot Recipe
Read More: Easy White Tea Shot Recipe
Read More: Easy Lemon Drop Shot recipe
Read More: Best Jello Shot Recipe
Read More: Green Tea Shot vs White Tea Shot