Step into the world of zesty refreshment with our classic Margarita recipe! This iconic cocktail is a timeless favorite, known for its perfect balance of tequila, lime, and orange liqueur. Whether you’re planning a relaxed evening with friends or a sunny afternoon by the pool, the Margarita is the ideal choice to set the mood and please your taste buds. Let’s mix up a batch of this invigorating and tangy cocktail for four people.
For 4 servings, you will need:
For the Margarita:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of tequila
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup (2.5 ounces) of orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges and salt (for garnish, optional)
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
Step 1: Make Simple Syrup (If Not Using Pre-made)
- If you don’t have pre-made simple syrup, you can make it by combining equal parts granulated sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the mixture cools, it’s ready to use. You can store any extra simple syrup in the refrigerator for future use.
Step 2: Prepare the Glasses (Optional)
- If you prefer, rub the rims of your glasses with a lime wedge, then dip them in a small plate of salt to create a salt rim.
Step 3: Mix the Margarita
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup. Add ice cubes to fill the shaker halfway.
Step 4: Shake It Up
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This chills the Margarita and helps to combine the flavors.
Step 5: Strain and Serve
- Strain the Margarita mixture into your prepared glasses, filled with ice. You can also serve it straight up without ice, depending on your preference.
Step 6: Garnish and Enjoy
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, and serve your Margaritas immediately. Sip and savor the invigorating blend of citrus and tequila.
Read More: Easy Green Tea Shot Recipe
Read More: Easy White Tea Shot Recipe
Read More: Easy Lemon Drop Shot recipe
Read More: Best Jello Shot Recipe