Indulge in the rich, creamy, and oh-so-decadent delight that is Creme Brulee! This classic French dessert is the epitome of sophistication, with its silky smooth custard base and that irresistible, crackly caramelized sugar crust. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a touch of elegance in your life, this Creme Brulee recipe is perfect for four people. Follow along as we take you through the steps to create this sumptuous dessert that will leave your taste buds singing!
Ingredients: For the Custard:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Caramelized Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh berries and mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Place four ramekins in a deep baking dish.
- Prepare the Custard Mixture: In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it’s hot but not boiling. Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set it aside.
- Whisk the Egg Yolks and Sugar: In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and granulated sugar until the mixture is pale and creamy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine Cream and Egg Mixture: Gradually pour the hot cream mixture into the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly. This is to avoid cooking the eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Strain the Mixture: Strain the custard mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl to remove any lumps or bubbles.
- Fill the Ramekins: Pour the custard mixture evenly into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake in a Water Bath: Place the baking dish with the ramekins in the preheated oven. Carefully pour hot water into the baking dish to create a water bath, ensuring it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. This gentle cooking method will help the custard cook evenly.
- Bake: Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until the edges are set, but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Chill: Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let them cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate them for at least 2-3 hours or overnight to allow the custard to set.
- Caramelizing the Sugar: Just before serving, evenly sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar on top of each custard. Use a kitchen torch to carefully caramelize the sugar until it’s golden and crispy. Alternatively, you can place the ramekins under a broiler for a few minutes, but watch closely to prevent burning.
- Serve: Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired, and serve your exquisite Creme Brulee immediately.
Read More: Best creme brulee cheesecake recipe
Read More: Easy Tiramisu Cake Recipe