Delight your taste buds and impress your guests with our delectable Bundt Cake recipe. This classic dessert, ideal for serving four people, is a true masterpiece in the world of baking. With its distinctive ring shape and rich, moist texture, this Bundt Cake is sure to be the star of any gathering. Drizzled with a simple glaze, it’s a sweet and satisfying treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Let’s dive into the world of baking and create a Bundt Cake that’s both elegant and delicious.
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Prepare the Dry Ingredients
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside for later.
Step 3: Cream the Butter and Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. This may take 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Add the Eggs and Vanilla
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Then, add the vanilla extract and continue to beat the mixture until well combined.
Step 5: Add the Dry Ingredients
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. If desired, fold in the lemon zest for a hint of citrus flavor.
Step 6: Bake the Cake
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Cool and Remove from the Pan
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then, carefully invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 8: Make the Glaze
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to create the glaze. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk if necessary.
Step 9: Drizzle with Glaze
- Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the Bundt Cake.
Step 10: Serve and Enjoy
- Slice the Bundt Cake, serve it to your guests, and relish the delicious, moist, and beautifully glazed cake.
Read More: Best creme brulee cheesecake recipe
Read More: Easy Tiramisu Cake Recipe
Read More: Classic German Pancake Recipe