Get ready to embark on a culinary journey to the vibrant streets of Mexico with our flavorful Chicken al Pastor recipe. This dish is a tantalizing combination of marinated and grilled chicken, infusing your taste buds with a symphony of smoky, spicy, and tangy flavors. Perfect for a family gathering or an exciting dinner with friends, our recipe will guide you through creating an authentic Mexican favorite that serves four. Let’s dive into the world of Chicken al Pastor!
For the Marinade:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the Marinade:
- In a food processor, combine minced garlic, chopped onion, chipotle peppers, pineapple juice, ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until you have a smooth marinade.
- Marinate the Chicken:
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and pour the marinade over them.
- Ensure the chicken is well-coated, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Grill the Chicken:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Grill the chicken for about 5-7 minutes per side or until it’s cooked through and has a nice char.
- Slice and Assemble:
- Let the grilled chicken rest for a few minutes, then slice it into thin strips.
- Serve the Tacos:
- Warm the corn tortillas on the grill or in a dry skillet.
- Assemble the tacos by placing the grilled chicken on each tortilla.
- Top with chopped onion, fresh cilantro, and diced pineapple.
- Serve with lime wedges for that perfect zest.
Read More: Delicious Chicken Piccata recipe
Read More: Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe