Welcome to a culinary masterpiece that’s sure to impress your taste buds and your dinner guests – Chicken Piccata. This classic Italian dish combines tender, pan-fried chicken with a luscious lemon-caper sauce that’s both tangy and savory. It’s the perfect choice for a special occasion or a delightful family dinner. With this recipe, you’ll be creating a restaurant-quality meal for four people right in your own kitchen. Get ready to savor the flavors of Italy with our Chicken Piccata recipe.
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Piccata Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley
- Prep the Chicken:
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Coat and Sear the Chicken:
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the Piccata Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes or until it reduces slightly.
- Stir in the capers and chopped parsley.
- Combine and Serve:
- Return the seared chicken to the skillet, spooning some of the sauce over the top.
- Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat the chicken through.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
Read More: Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Read More: Easy Orange Chicken recipe