Welcome to a coastal culinary adventure as we dive into the world of delectable Crab Cakes! This recipe is perfect for seafood enthusiasts and anyone looking to enjoy a taste of the sea. These crab cakes are a harmonious blend of tender crab meat, herbs, and seasonings, all held together in a golden, crispy exterior. Whether it’s a special occasion or a delightful weeknight dinner, these crab cakes are sure to impress and satisfy. Let’s gather our ingredients and create a seafood masterpiece for four.
For 4 people, you will need:
For the Crab Cakes:
- 1 pound of lump crab meat, picked clean of shells
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (preferably Panko)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges
- Tartar sauce or remoulade sauce
Step 1: Prepare the Crab Meat
- Gently pick through the crab meat to ensure there are no shells or cartilage remaining. Be careful not to break up the meat too much.
Step 2: Mix Wet Ingredients
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix until well blended.
Step 3: Add Fresh Ingredients
- Add the finely chopped green onions and fresh parsley to the wet mixture. Stir well.
Step 4: Combine with Crab Meat
- Gently fold the crab meat into the mixture, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab meat.
Step 5: Add Breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs, salt, and black pepper over the mixture and gently fold them in. The breadcrumbs help bind the crab cakes.
Step 6: Form Crab Cakes
- Divide the crab mixture into four equal portions and form them into round, flat cakes, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
Step 7: Heat Oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Step 8: Fry the Crab Cakes
- Carefully place the crab cakes in the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Step 9: Serve
- Remove the crab cakes from the skillet and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil. Serve them hot with lemon wedges and your choice of tartar sauce or remoulade sauce.
Read More: Easy Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Read More: Easy Chicken Salad recipe
Read More: Easy Chicken Nuggets recipe