Indulge in the comfort and warmth of our Chicken Gnocchi Soup, a classic Italian-inspired dish that’s both creamy and hearty. This recipe is a delightful fusion of tender chicken, pillowy gnocchi, and a velvety broth filled with vegetables and aromatic herbs. Whether you’re seeking a cozy family dinner or an impressive dish for a gathering, this recipe for four people will captivate your taste buds and provide the ultimate comfort on any occasion. So, let’s embark on a culinary journey that combines flavors, textures, and memories.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Crusty bread for serving (optional)
Step 1: Sauté the Chicken
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced chicken and sauté until it’s no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
Step 2: Sauté Vegetables
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion, carrots, celery, and garlic.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
Step 3: Add Broth and Herbs
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the dried thyme, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Return the sautéed chicken to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Step 4: Cook the Gnocchi
- Add the potato gnocchi to the simmering soup.
- Cook them according to the package instructions (usually 2-4 minutes), until they float to the surface.
Step 5: Incorporate the Cream
- Stir in the half-and-half or heavy cream. Heat the soup gently, but do not let it boil.
Step 6: Add Greens
- Toss in the chopped spinach or kale and stir until wilted.
Step 7: Serve and Garnish
- Ladle the creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup into bowls.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
Your Chicken Gnocchi Soup is now ready to be savored. It’s a luxurious and comforting Italian classic that’s perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Read More: hearty and delicious Chicken Soup recipe
Read More: Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Read More: Best Cheeseburger Soup Recipe