Delight in the mouthwatering fusion of flavors with our Chicken Pad Thai recipe. This Thai classic is a symphony of textures and tastes, featuring tender pieces of chicken, rice noodles, and an exquisite sauce that balances sweet, sour, and savory elements. Embark on a culinary adventure as you prepare this renowned dish that’s cherished both in Thailand and around the world. Our Chicken Pad Thai recipe for four will take you on a journey to savor the authentic essence of Thai cuisine. Let’s gather the ingredients and create a tantalizing experience for your taste buds.
For 4 servings, you will need:
For the Chicken Pad Thai:
- 8 ounces of rice noodles (medium width)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of firm tofu, diced (optional)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the Pad Thai Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or soy sauce for a vegetarian version)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes (adjust to taste)
For Garnish (optional):
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Sriracha sauce
Step 1: Prepare the Noodles
- In a large bowl, soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are pliable but still slightly firm (al dente). Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Pad Thai Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the tamarind paste, fish sauce (or soy sauce), brown sugar, and chili flakes. Mix until the sugar is dissolved, and set the sauce aside.
Step 3: Sauté the Chicken
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add the thinly sliced chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink and starts to turn golden. Remove the chicken from the wok and set it aside.
Step 4: Sauté the Aromatics
- In the same wok, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add minced garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
Step 5: Scramble the Eggs
- Push the garlic to one side of the wok and pour the lightly beaten eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are mostly cooked.
Step 6: Combine Ingredients
- Add the soaked and drained rice noodles to the wok, along with the Pad Thai sauce. Toss everything together to combine.
Step 7: Add Tofu and Chicken
- Add the diced tofu (if using), cooked chicken, and half of the bean sprouts. Toss and stir-fry for a few more minutes until everything is heated through.
Step 8: Serve and Garnish
- Divide the Chicken Pad Thai among four plates. Garnish with the remaining bean sprouts, green onions, crushed peanuts, and lime wedges. Add fresh cilantro and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce if desired.
Read More: Easy Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Read More: Easy Pad Thai recipe