Welcome to my kitchen, where we’ll be preparing a delightful and classic dish that’s perfect for gatherings and family dinners – Green Bean Casserole. This recipe serves four people and combines the freshness of green beans with the creaminess of mushroom sauce, all topped with crispy fried onions. It’s a heartwarming and satisfying side dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Let’s get started!
For this Green Bean Casserole, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Casserole:
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 can (10.5 oz) of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Topping: 7. 1 1/2 cups of crispy fried onions
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the trimmed green beans and blanch them for about 3-4 minutes until they are bright green and slightly tender. Drain and immediately place the beans in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, drain them again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until you have a smooth sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently fold the blanched green beans into the mushroom sauce until they are evenly coated.
- Pour the green bean mixture into the greased casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the crispy fried onions over the top, and if desired, add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese for an extra kick of flavor.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until it’s bubbling and the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious Green Bean Casserole!
Read More: Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Read More: Best Tater Tot Casserole Recipe