Indulge in the delightful flavors of “Marry Me Chicken,” a dish so delectable, it’s rumored to inspire marriage proposals! This one-pan chicken recipe is a perfect harmony of tender chicken breasts, creamy, garlicky, sun-dried tomatoes, and a symphony of herbs. Whether you’re aiming to impress or simply treat your loved ones to a romantic dinner, this dish is sure to captivate their taste buds. Let’s gather the ingredients and embark on a culinary journey to create a memorable meal for four.
For 4 people, you will need:
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the Creamy Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (a blend of dried basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Season and Sear the Chicken
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until they’re golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Creamy Tomato Sauce
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until they become fragrant and translucent.
Step 3: Add Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Herbs
- Stir in the thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes and the Italian seasoning. Cook for a couple of minutes to release their flavors.
Step 4: Introduce the Cream and Broth
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Stir well and let the mixture come to a gentle simmer.
Step 5: Thicken the Sauce
- Gradually whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to simmer, stirring, until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
Step 6: Return Chicken to the Pan
- Return the seared chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the creamy tomato sauce.
Step 7: Finish Cooking
- Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce for a few more minutes, or until it’s heated through.
Step 8: Garnish and Serve
- If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve the Marry Me Chicken over cooked pasta, rice, or with your favorite side dish, and savor the wonderful flavors.
Read More: Best Chicken Breast Recipe
Read More: Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Read More: Delicious Chicken Piccata recipe