Meatloaf, a timeless classic, is the ultimate comfort food that brings people together around the dinner table. This hearty dish, packed with flavorful ground meat and aromatic spices, is perfect for feeding a family of four. Join us as we guide you through a delicious meatloaf recipe that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also warm your heart with its homey goodness.
For the Meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 pounds (680g) ground beef
- 1/2 pound (227g) ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper (green or red)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Glaze:
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Meat Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and ground pork.
- Soak the Breadcrumbs:
- In a separate bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in milk for a few minutes until they become soft.
- Add Ingredients to Meat Mixture:
- To the meat mixture, add the soaked breadcrumbs, finely chopped onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Mix Thoroughly:
- Gently mix all the ingredients until they are well combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the meatloaf tough.
- Shape the Meatloaf:
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared loaf pan and shape it into a loaf shape.
- Make the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard to create the glaze.
- Glaze the Meatloaf:
- Brush the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake to Perfection:
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Rest and Serve:
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute
Read More: Very Easy Banana Bread Recipe