Welcome to my kitchen, where we’re about to embark on a culinary journey to create a delightful and satisfying dish – Tuna Casserole. This recipe is designed to serve four people and marries the rich flavors of tuna, creamy sauce, and pasta into a harmonious, comforting meal. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this Tuna Casserole is sure to delight your taste buds. Let’s start cooking!
For this scrumptious Tuna Casserole, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Casserole:
- 8 ounces of egg noodles or your preferred pasta
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) of tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of potato chips, crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Creamy Sauce: 10. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s just shy of al dente. You want it slightly undercooked since it will continue cooking in the oven. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion, celery, and, if using, sliced mushrooms. Sauté them until they become tender and the onions turn translucent.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes lightly golden, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and chicken or vegetable broth to create a smooth sauce. Continue to cook and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season the sauce with garlic powder, dried thyme (if using), and a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, flaked tuna, thawed peas, and shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the creamy sauce over this mixture and gently fold everything together.
- Transfer the mixture into the greased casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the crushed potato chips over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling, and the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your Tuna Casserole hot and relish the comforting blend of flavors!
Read More: Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Read More: Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Read More: Best Tater Tot Casserole Recipe