Welcome to my kitchen, where we’re about to create a mouthwatering and comforting classic – Hashbrown Casserole. This recipe is perfect for serving four people and combines the crispy goodness of hashbrowns with a creamy and cheesy blend that’s perfect for any meal or special occasion. Join me in making this delicious dish that will leave everyone coming back for seconds.
For this Hashbrown Casserole, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Casserole:
- 4 cups frozen hashbrown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Topping: 9. 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Let’s get started on making this delightful Hashbrown Casserole:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the thawed hashbrown potatoes and melted butter. Stir until the hashbrowns are well coated.
- In another bowl, mix the condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, diced onion, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and black pepper until you have a creamy and well-blended mixture.
- Combine the creamy mixture with the hashbrown and butter mixture, stirring until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the combined mixture into the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, crush the cornflakes cereal and mix them with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the buttered cornflakes evenly over the top of the casserole, creating a deliciously crispy topping.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until it’s bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your Hashbrown Casserole hot and enjoy the perfect blend of creamy and crispy flavors!
Read More: Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Read More: Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe