Welcome to the world of homemade comfort and nostalgia with our delectable biscuit recipe! These flaky, golden-brown biscuits are a perfect accompaniment to any meal or a delightful snack on their own. Whether you’re enjoying them with butter and jam for breakfast or pairing them with savory dishes, these biscuits are bound to become a family favorite. Let’s gather the ingredients and embark on a journey to create the perfect biscuits for you and your loved ones.
For 4 people, you will need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (for a slightly sweet version, optional)
- 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter (1 stick), cubed
- 3/4 cup of cold milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (for brushing on top)
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Make sure the oven rack is positioned in the middle.
Step 2: Prepare Baking Sheet
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent the biscuits from sticking.
Step 3: Combine Dry Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar (if using). This forms your dry ingredient mixture.
Step 4: Add Cold Butter
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. You want to have small, pea-sized pieces of butter throughout.
Step 5: Add Cold Milk
- Pour the cold milk into the mixture and stir until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be slightly shaggy.
Step 6: Knead the Dough
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead it a few times, just until it holds together. Do not overwork the dough.
Step 7: Roll and Cut
- Roll the dough out to about 1-inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass, cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 8: Brush with Butter
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter. This will help them achieve a beautiful golden-brown color.
Step 9: Bake
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are puffed up and golden brown.
Step 10: Serve and Enjoy
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, and then serve them warm. They’re perfect with butter, jam, gravy, or your favorite toppings!
Read More: Very Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Read More: Easy Pumpkin Bread recipe