Get ready to indulge in the creamy and comforting flavors of Instant Pot Risotto. This modern twist on the classic Italian dish allows you to enjoy the rich and velvety goodness of risotto with minimal effort. Using the Instant Pot streamlines the cooking process, making it easier than ever to achieve perfectly cooked, restaurant-quality risotto. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through making a delectable Mushroom and Parmesan Instant Pot Risotto that serves four. It’s a fantastic choice for a hassle-free family dinner or an impressive dish for special occasions. Let’s dive into the world of convenient yet gourmet cooking!
For the Instant Pot Risotto:
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth (kept warm)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (about 225g) fresh mushrooms, sliced (variety of your choice)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Begin by setting your Instant Pot to “Sauté” mode. Add the olive oil and finely chopped onion to the pot. Sauté the onion until it becomes translucent, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Continue to sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their moisture and become tender.
- If you choose to use dry white wine, pour it into the Instant Pot and stir for about 1-2 minutes until most of the wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the Arborio rice until it’s well-coated with the mushroom mixture. Sauté the rice for 1-2 minutes until it turns slightly translucent around the edges.
- Pour in 1 cup of warm chicken or vegetable broth, and stir well to deglaze the pot, scraping up any bits from the bottom.
- Cancel the “Sauté” mode, and lock the Instant Pot lid in place. Set the Instant Pot to “Pressure Cook” (or “Manual”) mode for 6 minutes at high pressure. Ensure the pressure release valve is set to “Sealing.”
- Once the cooking time is complete, carefully perform a quick pressure release by turning the valve to “Venting.” Wait until the steam is fully released and the float valve drops down.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and unsalted butter. Season the risotto with salt and black pepper to taste. The residual heat will melt the cheese and butter, creating a creamy texture.
- Serve your Mushroom and Parmesan Instant Pot Risotto hot, garnished with fresh chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy the luxurious flavors of homemade risotto with the convenience of your Instant Pot.