Warm your soul and nourish your body with our Minestrone Soup recipe. This hearty and wholesome dish, designed to serve four, is a celebration of vibrant vegetables, aromatic herbs, and tender pasta. Minestrone Soup is the embodiment of Italian comfort food, perfect for chilly evenings or whenever you crave a bowl of goodness. Join us as we explore the flavors of Italy and create a bowl of this beloved, classic soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup small pasta (such as ditalini or small shells)
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Crusty bread (for serving)
Step 1: Saute the Aromatics
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute for a few minutes until they become fragrant and translucent.
Step 2: Add the Vegetables 2. Stir in the diced carrots, celery, zucchini, and green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften.
Step 3: Incorporate the Tomatoes and Beans 3. Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and cannellini beans to the pot. Stir everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Pour in the Broth 4. Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the soup to a gentle boil.
Step 5: Season and Simmer 5. Season the soup with dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Step 6: Add Pasta 6. Stir in the small pasta (ditalini or small shells) and cook according to the pasta package instructions, typically around 8-10 minutes.
Step 7: Serve and Garnish 7. Ladle the Minestrone Soup into bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and a fresh basil leaf. Serve hot with crusty bread on the side.
Read More: Very Easy Banana Bread Recipe