Prepare to embark on a journey into the heart of Asian cuisine with our Egg Drop Soup recipe. This elegant yet simple dish is a celebration of delicate flavors and silky textures. In this recipe for four, you’ll create a comforting and nourishing broth filled with gently cooked, wispy ribbons of beaten eggs. Whether you’re seeking a soul-soothing appetizer or a light, quick meal, this Egg Drop Soup is the perfect choice. So, let’s dive into the world of culinary simplicity, where elegance meets taste.
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Prepare Broth
- In a pot, combine the chicken or vegetable broth, sliced green onions, ginger slices, and minced garlic.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes to infuse the flavors. Remove the ginger slices.
Step 2: Season the Broth
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Season the broth with salt and white pepper to taste.
Step 3: Add Vegetables
- Toss in the corn kernels, green peas, diced carrots, and mushrooms.
- Let the soup simmer for another 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Step 4: Create Egg Ribbons
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the simmering soup while stirring gently in one direction. This will create delicate ribbons of cooked egg.
Step 5: Serve and Garnish
- Ladle the hot Egg Drop Soup into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
Your Egg Drop Soup is now ready to be enjoyed. It’s a culinary masterpiece of simplicity and flavor, perfect for sharing with friends or as a soothing appetizer.
Read More: hearty and delicious Chicken Soup recipe
Read More: Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Read More: Best Cheeseburger Soup Recipe