Welcome to a delightful culinary journey as we embark on the creation of a classic Italian dessert – Tiramisu! This exquisite dessert is a perfect blend of creamy mascarpone cheese, coffee-soaked ladyfingers, and a dusting of cocoa powder. Tiramisu is a beloved dessert worldwide, celebrated for its luscious layers and irresistible combination of flavors. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps to prepare a decadent Tiramisu that serves 4 people, making it an ideal choice for your next special occasion.
Here’s what you’ll need to create your Tiramisu:
For the Creamy Filling:
- 8 oz (about 1 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Coffee Soak:
- 1 cup strong brewed espresso or coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 24-30 ladyfinger cookies (Savoiardi)
For Assembly and Garnish:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until you have a smooth, creamy filling. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a shallow dish, combine the brewed espresso or coffee with the coffee liqueur if using. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for about 1-2 seconds, ensuring they are soaked but not soggy.
- Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of your serving dish. You can use individual glasses or a single serving dish for a family-style presentation.
- Spread half of the creamy mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
- Before serving, dust the top with unsweetened cocoa powder and garnish with dark chocolate shavings and fresh mint leaves if desired.
Read More: Easy Tiramisu Cake Recipe